Thursday, May 22, 2014

That time I resuscitated my blog

*Slips into room and pretends I’ve been here the whole time, like the past eight months never happened.*

I started a new blog. I even bought a dot com. It was going to be legit, no blogspot address for me. But then the blog just sat there. I’d log in every now and then, and stare at the screen for a while, whatever I had planned to blog about suddenly disappeared from my brain. I wanted to write but I didn’t know what. I thought there would be freedom in writing to nobody but I couldn’t muster up the motivation. I started thinking about this place and how much I enjoyed connecting with people I’ve never met but consider to be friends.

Something kept me back though. All those previous posts, four years of posts, made me feel tied to a different version of myself. Which is silly because I’m still the same me. But I when I decided to forget the other blog and come back here, I decided to revert those four years of posts to draft. They’re still there, just not here. Maybe one day I’ll bring them back but for now, box of crayons is old but new.

So, let’s give this blogging thing another crack, shall we?

How have you been?

8 comments:

  1. Hey - hello friend!! Great to see you pop up in my reader again - I have missed you! So pleased you've come back to us. :))
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne! I'm glad to be back!

      Delete
  2. YES!!!!
    I'm so excited you're back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anneliiiiisse! Holy moly, I was SO happy to see this post pop up, I literally cheered! Yay! I've missed you and your writing! Lots of exclamation marks, I know, but ... well ... !! Welcome back :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nat! This is giving me the warm and fuzzies! xxx

      Delete
  4. We always seem to be on the same page. I'm still wrestling with my direction at the moment and I more than know what you mean about not being the person you were before. Girl, I love sharing pins with you, but it's just not the same as sharing words with you. I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is ALL kinds of ace to see you back AK!

    ReplyDelete