Monday, October 13, 2014

Two Months On

Names of people my friend has messaged me about, wondering what they are up to right this minute:


Things not to say to someone who is unemployed and looking for work:
  • "Awesome! I wish I didn't work!"
  • "Have you looked on Seek?" (What? Only the biggest jobsite in Australia? Why no, I did not to think to look there for a job. Thank God you suggested it.)
  • "Maybe you've got too much information on your résumé."
  • "Maybe you don't have enough information on your résumé."
  • "Put your apartment up for rent and move back home with us."

Television series I've binged on in the two months I'e been unemployed:
  • Gossip Girl, seasons one and two
  • Veep, seasons one and two
  • True Detective (aborted after episode five as I was so fucking bored which surprised me because everyone talked about it like it was the second coming of Christ)
  • Scott & Bailey, season one
  • Black Adder, seasons one, two, three, and four

For the record, we thought that Tom Selleck might have been kicking back on the couch, wearing board shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, drinking beer and eating pizza, and playing Playstation.

4 comments:

  1. Haha. I think you could be right about Mr. Selleck. I can relate to the second section up there, too. Been thinking it's time to write you a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gossip Girl! People are bloody ridiculous. Whatever Tom Selleck is doing, he is being fucking cool while he does it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comment on Tom Selleck at the end of this post. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. House of Cards is an interesting show....

    ReplyDelete