Tuesday, April 28, 2015

business time

I have spent hours upon hours researching this little business idea of mine because I have bugger all idea of how one goes about setting up a business. Or small, on the side, freelance thing, I should say. Not a fuck it all let's chuck in the day job type thing - not yet, anyway. Working for myself, being my own boss, that is the long-term goal. I resent being told what to do too much to not at least try to go it alone.

But where to start? How to start? HOW? I have been brainstorming and thinking thinking thinking and then chickening out: Oh well, another flash in the pan idea; coulda woulda shoulda. Then I give myself a mental slap because that is my MO. I think of a good idea, roll it around for a week or so and rather than have the conviction to follow it through, I let fear of failure and of just giving it a go get the better of me. This time however, I am determined to try. I did say I would make 2015 my year/bitch, after all. Other things have come together, this may well too.

And the old "if you're looking for a sign, this is it" came into play tonight when I walked into the library and saw on the new release shelf From Passion to Profit: A Step-By-Step Guide to Making Money from Your Hobby by Selling Online by Clare Hughes. If it does what it says on the cover, I should be up and running in six weeks. 

Eek.

Yay.

(Really, eek.)

4 comments:

  1. Eek, yay, and good luck! ('tis all very mysterious; I can't wait to hear what it's all about!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! Honestly, it's really not all that exciting! I'm sure when I say what it is, people will just slightly raise their eyebrows and say 'Oh. Whatevs, no big deal'!

      Delete
  2. Hey, don't sell yourself short. Some of the most successful ideas out there have been very simple ones.

    ReplyDelete