Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Easter! Happy Long Weekend!

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, happy four-day long weekend to those who don't!

My oh my, am I looking forward to four days off. I am feeling a little bit exasperated with people in general so think some time away will do me the world of good.

I'm going to my parents house tonight after work, a magical mystical place where it's always warm, food is plentiful and internet speed isn't snail-pace. I have made my chocolate spiders and for quality assurance purposes, tasted a few, and I can confirm once again that yes, sugar still gives me a headache, however delicious they may be.

I'm going to visit my cousin in Peterborough - he has recently bought miniature cows! Their coats are curly! - and hopefully, venture out into the countryside somewhere further. Not sure where just yet but I've got a hankering to see some autumn leaves. We will see.

I have two books for the weekend: Kathleen Tessaro's The Perfume Collector and one of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, I can't remember which one. The third one, maybe? I have Amy Poehler's memoir on my iPad (which is flat. My book is flat. Technology) so I think I'm set for weekend reading.

Three and a half hours until knock-off time! Come on, come on, come on.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend! I am working so not getting the long weekend this year, but I am totally okay with it. The Outlander books are so silly. I think I cannot bring myself to read any more though, partly because they are just too silly and partly as a I pictured someone I know IRL as Jamie *shudder* (read into that shudder what you will)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siobhan! The Outlander books are TOTAL CRAP. I read and loved the first half of the first book but then it just turned into 'Oh, Jamie's in trouble. Here's Claire to save the day! Ooh, Claire's in trouble. Here's Jamie to save the day!' over and over a-bloody-gain. I gave the second book a chance to see if it picked up which it didn't. And I was at the library on Wendesday night, looking for something to read over the long weekend and I saw the third one and picked it up. Truth be told, I probably won't even read it.I am interested in watching the tv series though, I think it could translate better on screen.

    Enjoy your weekend too! I'm sure work won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete