Thursday, April 23, 2015

Some more this and that

I went out tonight for ten minutes. At the most. When I opened the gate to my flat, the security light came on and I saw two red roses wrapped in cellophane and tied with a red bow on the doorstep. A romantic gesture, should one have a gentleman (or gentlewoman) friend. One does not, however, and one finds the gesture rather creepy. One left the stalker roses outside.

Won't this be fun to read if the rose-giver and I end up getting married.

Yesterday I read an article about a man in Colorado who got pissed off, got a gun, took his victim into an alley, and in an act of calculated, coldblooded premeditation, fatally shot his computer. Amazing. He SHOT his desktop computer. "It was glorious," he said. I don't doubt it was glorious - the victim was a Dell computer, the same brand as my laptop that in its short lifetime, went through three chargers before spontaneously setting itself on fire and dying. I don't have a gun and even though my computer was already dead, I'm sure I would get the same pleasure from popping a few caps in its ass.

I think I have found a use for the domain name I bought a few weeks ago. A business idea came to me a while ago, something that I could start so small that it would classify as a hobby that paid poorly but could have unlimited potential. Having said that though, I don't know yet if there would be enough interest in the service I could provide to even get started. Such cryptic, much annoying. It's worth spending the weekend researching.

Ever Googled "How much does ____ cost?"? This map details the most common of those questions, organised by country. Items of concern around the world vary from Panama hats, kidneys, cows, nose jobs, to beer, slaves (come on, Mauritania, get your shit together) and carpets. Apparently Australians are most concerned about the cost of IVF and that makes me sad. via a retweet by Belgian Waffling

I'm the weekend with dinner and a gossip with a girlfriend at a local Greek restaurant. After my sugar-free bandwagon crashed and burned this week, this will be a last hurrah before I start behaving myself. I don't like how I feel when I eat sugary, processed foods. I feel so much lighter, physically and mentally, without sugar in my diet.

Speaking of how food can ruin the party for some, I was talking to a woman who has recently turned to a vegan diet and she mentioned feeling a similar way to me. She took it up a notch though, when she told me about a friend of hers who has psychic abilities (stay with me) and finds that when she eats too much meat, her abilities are dimmed. I guess how can one be in touch with spirits and souls when one are eating another being that has a spirit and a soul itself? It would get so murky all up in the psychic bits. I find it fascinating and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

Hooray for Friday, I was ready for you yesterday.

5 comments:

  1. Whoo! I am very excited to hear what your website will be (and what it is called). I'm sure it's going to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get too excited, Mel! I fear I may have built it up too much!

      Delete
  2. The roses are an interesting mystery. As is the website. I figured the sugar-free wagon had went off course, judging by your pin boards. Or else you were living vicariously through Pinterest. ;)
    It would be interesting to know if the vegan friend has blood type A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, it only crashed and burned this week! Otherwise I have been very well behaved indeed. Pinterest is all about the vicarious living. Some of those cakes! They make my mouth water.
      What is the possible connection with the blood type?

      Delete
  3. Because really, in theory, a vegetarian or vegan diet should only work successfully for a type A. And possibly a type AB, which is rare and complicated. Type O (which I am) don't really do well without meat.

    ReplyDelete