Friday, May 8, 2015

OVERSTIMULATED

I feel lost. There are too many voices, too many bright lights catching my eye. Too many people to whom I can compare myself. I don't measure up. I am not doing my best. I can do better.

I am not doing. Not doing. I have been searching for the answers without knowing the questions but they are both here within me. I have been too distracted to realise. 

I have everything I need. It's all right here.

It's alright here.

An experiment: one week, no tools of comparison. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs*, Facebook (which serves more as a tool to rile me right the fuck up anyhow). 

Overstimulated, it's time to still the external noise and let the internal be heard.

*Perhaps not my own, undecided

2 comments:

  1. Annelise, I am always so, so happy to see your posts pop up in my blog reader thingy (whatever it's called).

    I'm not sure I could give up Pinterest or blogs (except perhaps for my own, undecided!), but have pretty much weaned myself completely off Facebook these days and it actually feels kinda wonderful (weird, isn't it?). So, good luck with/enjoy your experiment and I'll see you on most of the things when you get back :)

    Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that didn't last! I LIKE social media. I just need to rein it in.

      Thank you so much for the lovely, lovely comment. xx

      Delete